Saturday, March 27, 2010

Back in the Swing of Things

We're back from Spring Break! It's hard to believe we only have five weeks of class left before finals. Where did the semester go? Finishing up the semester also means final projects, papers, and presentations. OYE!

The end of my spring break was very relaxing. I came back to Boston on Wednesday, probably not such a great idea to come back on St. Patrick's day but I made it anyways. Thursday I went up to Beverly to visit a fellow ambassador, Rachel! Beverly is such a beautiful town. Rachel showed me around her town, luckily it was such a beautiful day out we were able to walk around and enjoy the weather! Here's a picture of one of the beaches right near her house...


Friday was the first day my roofdeck was open. I'm so excited to have a roofdeck for the entire summer. The view is amazing, and there's nothing better than sitting up there with friends just relaxing. Here's part of my view of the city from my roofdeck....

My friend Alisha also came up from New Jersey on Friday so she came over with another ambassador, Haley to enjoy the warm weather on my roof! Here's a picture of me and Alisha, clearly she likes to make funny pictures :)


Saturday we traveled to Newport, Rhode Island to see Haley's mom and tour the area. We drove around the cliff and saw the mansions and had lunch outside because it was such a nice day out. I hadn't been back to Newport since high school when I was there for a Junior National Golf Tournament so it was nice to see some familiar sights. After Newport we drove back to Boston and enjoyed another night on the roofdeck. Definitely in the summer swing. Here's a picture of Me, Haley and Alisha at lunch.

Sunday was just a relaxation day, we all went to lunch with our friend Geralyn at Panera Bread and then to dinner at Zuma's which is in Fanueil Hall. Unfortunately school started again on Monday and things just picked up from there. I felt like I was going non-stop all week. Wednesday was by far the worst day where I went straight through from 7 am to 7 pm without any breaks. I had an interview at Nike Town on Newbury Street for a position and I heard back from them the other day saying that I made it to the next round in the interview process. I'm really excited and hope I get the job there.

Tomorrow is our first SHOWCASE event of the year. We are supposed to have a big turnout and I'm speaking in the morning and afternoon session so I'm really excited. I love speaking to students and families. It's going to be a long day, 8 am to 4 pm but I'm ready for it! AND the forecast says its supposed to be 50 and sunny. Now that may not seem like much but everytime we have a Showcase event, it pours. Not just a sprinkle or light rain, it downpours, so having a good forecast is amazing!

Alright its time for me to put the finishing touches on my speech for tomorrow. Hopefully I see some of you there!

-CG

1 comment: