Monday, April 12, 2010

Two Successful Showcases!

Yesterday was our second and final showcase of the semester and it was a huge success! We had anticipated it would be much larger than our previous one a few weeks ago and it definitely was. Even better, we had amazing weather yet again. That's two for two! Unfortunately I didn't speak at this one but I gave three tours to students from all over. I'm pretty sure I met students from every state in New England as well as New York, New Jersey, and California. I even saw a family who was at the admitted student reception in New York last week.

Speaking of that session, it was also a huge success. Two admission counselors, myself and another ambassador traveled down to Tarrytown, New York to speak with admitted students from the area. We had a good turnout and it was definitely a lot of fun.

Thursday I'll be headed to New Jersey for the first time. I've never been to New Jersey except driving through it to get to South Carolina. I'm visiting my friend Alisha who goes to Seton Hall. I'm excited to head down there since I haven't seen her since spring break, I think we have plans to go into New York City on Saturday which will be fun. I'm so used to Boston, it's going to be nice to experience a whole new city.
I'm taking the Bolt Bus which is a really cool company because if you're the first one to buy a ticket for a particular departure or return, it only costs $1. Unfortunately my tickets cost me $10 there and $15 back but oh well, still pretty inexpensive for a round trip to New York City. Supposedly the Bolt Buses are really nice. They offer free Wi-Fi, outlets, and more leg space than any other bus company. Too bad the ride is 4.5 hours long, I'll probably just sleep the entire way.

Time to head to Nike Town and sell some shoes!

-CG

No comments:

Post a Comment